The picture above is of The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia


Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Routine for Today: Part 4

Part 4

Make sure you read Parts 1, 2, and 3 before this post. Just scroll down.

After my part 3 update, I ended up staying on the computer way to long. I checked on my emails again and had to reply back to a message sent so this took some time. I forget exactly the time I got off the computer maybe around 5:00 pm. Ephraim was still in his crib screaming "mommy, I wan out!" He takes long naps so this isn't unusual. I pulled him out from the crib and gave him a snack then began to straighten up a bit. I also folded a few more baskets of laundry. My kitchen table was stacked with clothes. While I was folding most of the kids were outside playing with friends and some were in and out. I think there was one on the computer. Since we only have one computer they seem to always argue as to who will go on next. I need to go back to the time limits and computer time schedule. It's been quite free lately.

At around 6:00 pm Donnie gets home from work. I am finishing up with the laundry. I still have a few more baskets to wash and fold, to be completed today. When daddy gets home the kids get very loud, asking Donnie all sorts of questions. I started to reheat the meat we were going to eat and I already had put the rice on to cook. Dinner was almost done, but Donnie was hungry so he ate some of the cold meat on a slice of bread. The littles ones were asking for popcorn and apples. I had to deny their request since we were about to eat.

I asked Donnie if I could go to a bible study which started at 7:00 pm, but he said he would prefer if I stayed home since he was planning on doing some work. As a good wife, I submitted to my husband and said "I will do what you want, honey." I did want to go but knew I needed to stay to keep the kids our to Donnie's hair. LOL

It was around 6:30 when we sat down to eat. Donnie immediately sat down at the computer desk to work away. During meal times, the kids and I love talking and laughing, just like any other family probably does. This is such a fun time for us. We do lots of laughing!! My oldest son is such a comedian. We must have sat at the table for a good 30 minutes. When dinner was over the little boys took off to play and the big kids started to clean up. Justin has dishes in the evening, Moriah has counters, and Tsavah has floors. Shiloh, clears and wipes the table.

I made Ana a bottle, changed her into her night clothes, and laid her down. The little boys needed baths so Tsavah gave Kole a bath without me asking. I didn't bathe Ephraim. I should have stuck him in the bath with Kole, but didn't. We usually do baths after dinner (Donnie gives them) but last night I didn't want to bathe them all. Oh well!! I was feeling sort of out of it last night. I don't know why? I just wanted everyone in their night clothes and in bed. So I told the little people to put on their night clothes and get ready for bed.

I don't even remember the times. I wasn't paying attention to the clock last night. I am guessing it was around 9:00 pm when Donnie calls all of us to pray and worship time as a family. We do this almost every night before bed. Anyway, before this the kids had been playing and I am guessing Justin was still cleaning the kitchen. I don't really know because I had gone to my room and laid on the bed in my pjs reading my bible and dozing off. I doubt it took Justin that long to clean up the kitchen. I am guessing the older kids were playing around also.

After family worship time we tuck everyone in and I went straight to bed. It wasn't too long before I dozed off. By this time the clock in my room said 10 pm.

Ok, so this was a sample of my unorganized, spontaneous day. Yes, there are so many more things I would love to accomplish but this is usually the norm. Nothing out of the ordinary happened and nothing extra was accomplished. This is why I get frustrated with myself sometimes or rather, this season. But then again it is just a season! And in all of this, I remain happy for the most part. Oh, and most of the time the kids and I talk alot! LOL

If after reading this you have any suggestions or ideas please leave a comment or email me. I would love any input.

Okay gotta run, I woke up late this morning at around 6:30 am that is late compared to my 4:30 am goal.

1 comment:

momstheword said...

Hello! What a blessing to have such a large family! The Lord has only blessed us with two but we are so thankful for them. I homeschooled the oldest all the way through (he is now in college) and am still homeschooling the youngest.

I looked on your labels and saw "MOTH" so I know you are familiar with their website.

Her book, "Managers of Their Homes" is awesome and having a schedule really helps keep homeschooling on track. I first read it when I was homeschooling both boys, and it enabled me to find things that the younger one could so so I could work one-on-one with the older one, and then vice versa.

Yes, I like having a to-do list. I have a standard daily and weekly cleaning list. To see them click here and then scroll down.

I post my daily cleaning list on my right sidebar. This is something for me to shoot for. I almost never get it all done lately, but it helps me to know what needs doing.

I have recently started making a daily to-do list again for errands and things that need to get done around here (not cleaning, just things like errands or calls to make, etc.). This has helped me stay on task and I am so glad I started it up again!

I have been pretty lazy lately, so don't feel bad girl! I think we all get that way sometimes, and fortunately we have a loving Lord Who is so willing to help us!

I am going to follow your blog as I too need to work on getting myself back into being organized again and it'll be fun to read about how you're doing too!

~ Nan