The picture above is of The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tales of an Unorganized Housewife

I should rename my blog:  Tales of an Unorganized Housewife.  Ha ha!!  I've been feeling quite like this lately.   Everywhere I look there's a mess.   I've even had visions of Super Nanny coming to the rescue.  I've had visions of TLC, Trading Spaces coming in and revamping my home.  Or, better yet...Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover Home Edition saying "Good Morning, Tuttle Family!!"  Ha Ha!!

I realized that I have not been very diligent and focused with my hours the Lord has given me.  I could spend plenty of time chatting on Facebook, checking emails, or doing other types of "research" on the computer.  I could spend hours reading my bible!!  I would love that!!  But reality is---I CAN'T!  I have a house to manage and maintain.  Kids to teach!!  Plenty of that to go around, right?  I seriously need to get organized!!  I complain to my husband  "We just need to hire a housekeeper!!"  "I feel like I am being pulled all sorts of directions.  I don't even know if I'm called to this.  Let's put them all in school!!  I don't know where to begin:  Shower,  fold laundry cook, school, chauffeur, iron work clothes.....HELP!!"  

I know I sound like a mess.  I really think it's PMS.  Ha ha.  But wait, before you all come to my rescue.  I know what the answer is.....Throw myself at the Lord's feet.  He is the ONLY ONE to show me exactly what I need to do.  I do need to obey Him to enter into the REST he has for me.  I was reading in Hebrews today of how he has promised His children REST.  There is a rest that only comes from Him and only by obedience.  The way to this Rest is to DILIGENTLY OBEY.  Boy, I don't like that word, DILIGENT  :)  Being diligent sounds to hard.   But you know what.....Diligently obeying is the key to answering mostly all our problems.  If you know what the Lord's will is for your life..... when you obey what He has asked from you TODAY........you WILL ENTER into that Promised Rest....ahhhhhh!  Thank You Lord. 


2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I think I could have written that post, Chris!

This is exactly where I am at. Where do I start? What should I do next?

I do need to be diligent and seek God for the things that I need to do next.

I have been living under the "tyranny of the urgent" and I need to stop, look around and enlist my family to help me. I should not have to do it all. We are a team!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Amen, Sister! Diligence is a family word around here.