The picture above is of The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Starting to feel "homey"...


Has it been that long since I've posted on my home blog.

Yikes!!!

LOL!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I guess I don't even know what to write about. I sometimes feel like my life has to be
absolutely
PERFECT
to type here.....

No, not really....

I never created this blog to write down my perfections
BY FAR

ha ha ha

This is a place for me to write down who I really am

I'm a work in progress

YEAH--DEFINITELY!!

So.....hmmmmm.....what has been going on since my last depressing post.

OH
Lots of fun things
awesome things actually.

My good friend was throwing out her furniture and I came just in time to save it. She bought new furniture and didn't want to sell her old couches because she thought they were in awful shape.

OK........

I had to totally laugh because her couches she thought were "AWFUL", they were by far better than what I had currently in my home. :)

So guess what I did.....???

I told her to NOT throw those couches away, but give them to ME!!!

Yep, so now I have some more furniture for my front room and it really has brought a homey feeling into the house.

I am going to post the pics later. My husband is out of town and I don't have the camera on me.

Sooooooo.........
I am planning on sewing (did I just say SEWING...ha ha....and I don't even know how to sew)....anyway.....I am planning on sewing some couch cushion to give it a more cozy feel to my front room.

Thank you Lord for sending these couches my way.
They are treasured.

AND

I am going to paint the boys' room. I bought some paint but I still need to "make" some time to actually get in there


to
tear down the old bunk beds
Kilz
steam clean the carpet
Sew curtains
(there I said it again...SEWING...yikes... I don't know what I'm saying!)
Put in the new bunk beds that have been in my garage for MONTHS!

Lots of little things are getting
fixed
replaced
and yep
I feel like maybe I might
be making this old house a
HOME!!

YAY Lord....He loves me and knows my heart!! And He ALWAYS answers prayers!!

Chris

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Yeah, he heard our prayers for you in this area! I'm so glad that your desires are coming true. I know it will be hard work, but it will be worth it!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

PTL! It is such a good feeling, even baby steps feel good. As long as we are progressing not regressing. You are so correct, perfection isn't the goal. I just posted about this very thing on my blog. If you have time, swing over and see our new addition that we are building. Can't wait to see your couch pictures :)